Halloween is taking Toronto by storm! Only a week and a half away, tickets for all of the city's best parties are selling out quickly. If you've found yourself with an invite, why not DIY a costume? Cost effective and creative, going this route allows you to save your funds for what really matters – a great night spent with friends. Read on for how to turn today's social media obsession into your best costume yet.
- Ruler/measuring tape
- Construction paper
- Markers/coloured pencils
- Hot glue gun
- Exacto knife
- White board paper (optional)
- Dry erase markers (optional)
- Empty toilet paper tubes
Do It Yourself
- Use a ruler or measuring tape to measure and cut a large piece of cardboard. This will be the base of your costume. Adjust the size depending upon how big you would like it to be but we recommend 2.5' by 4' for the best effect.
- Cut out a square in the upper left hand corner. This is where your 'profile picture' (your beautiful face!) will be. Exercise caution when using an exacto knife.
- Decorate the front of your cardboard rectangle using hot glue, construction paper, markers, coloured pencils, print outs and more to resemble a Facebook profile. Get creative and be careful to avoid burns.
- For something extra special, glue a sheet of white board paper to your costume. The night of, encourage your friends to use dry erase markers to add funny status updates and wall posts.
- Keep it simple to wear by attaching an empty toilet paper tube to each side of the back of the costume. These function well as handles.
- If you are going as a celebrity, comedian or public figure's Facebook profile, dress the part – makeup included!
What are your plans for Halloween in Toronto? The Yabsta team would love to hear what you're up to! Let us know on Facebook.